Monday, December 1, 2008

Roller Coaster : Me

It is up and down these days, maybe its PMS, I really hope it is, but its a freaking trip. In the morning I'm super excited and optimistic about South Africa and then later that day I feel as if every lead is a dud and that I just want to tear up and run to the bathroom. I'm feeling constantly discouraged by all the dead ends and details and schedules and ahhhh. I just want an extra week to figure this all out, a week without work or phone calls or stupid customers or unavailable boys who live in central washington but kiss like its their job, or pesky sisters or doubting family members. Where I can just buckle down and feel good about what I've accomplished. And I am aware that this is undoubtedly my fault, because I am the queen of procrastination (and princess of my neighboring colony lazy-town) but some things, I just don't have control over. And isn't that the thing we mortals hate the most? Not being able to control every last detail? Well I'm finally joining that club, and I'm really hoping that it doesn't last long. Cause the fucking holidays are coming up and I just can't handle being any more of an emotional wreck than they will already make me become. I just can't help it that "Carol of the Bells" makes me cry, I just can't!

Anyways, I am going to regress to my earlier years and fill out one of those silly myspace surveys, partly because it will make me laugh (and hence brighten my mood and deter me from opening a very enticing bottle of wine upstairs) but also because I know I have not been all there with people lately. Bad at calling back and not getting the jokes at work and fighting with maria. So here we go! Judge all you want :)

1. Do you like chinese food? yessss, and come to think of it, I haven't had any of the really bad but really yummy sticky fake sauce kind in a long long time

2. How big is your bed? a twin, it does the job

3. Is your room clean? not even close

4. Laptop or Desktop computer? laptop, but maybe if I had a desktop I couldn't break it

5. Favorite comedian? Lily Tomlin, she's so badass, and that guy with the glass of scotch

6. Do you smoke? nothing, only hookah in college, gosh I feel old

7. Does anyone like you? probably not

9. Sleep with or without clothes on? a tshirt, and i'm good to go

11. Who sleeps with you every night? my stuffed racoon named ricky

12. Do long distance relationships work? I wouldn't know

13. How many times have you been pulled over by the police? never

14. Pancakes or French Toast? french toast for reals

15. Do you like coffee? um, its like crack

16. How do you like your eggs? my coworker makes a bomb omelette for me

17. Do you believe in astrology? its fun to think about

18. Last person you talked to on the phone? alex johnston, my oldest friend, and it felt totally magical, love that kid

19. Last person on your missed call list? caitlin, my big sister

20. What was the last text message you received? "I know" from jillian, we were exchanging hilarities about the ridiculousness of "the hills"

21. McDonalds or Burger King? neither

22. Number of pillows? two, one for structure in the back (leaning against the wall almost stuck between the bed and the wall) and a soft but kind of firm (preferably some sort of down, but not the kind that melts if you lean on it) one for my head. I'm specific.

23. Last thing you ate? turkey and cucumbers on half a wheat bagel at work

24. Last thing you bought? 3 minutes on a printer/online at kinkos

25. What are you hearing right now? some "shiny toy guns" song

26. Pick a lyric? ride the racecar, we're the girls of le disko

27. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich? rasberry

28. Can you play pool? nope, but i love to try

29. Do you know how to swim? oh for sure, i love it

30. Favorite ice cream? pralines and cream, absolutely the best thing on earth

31. Do you like maps? i love them, and that one song about them by jason mraz.

32. Tell me a random fact: it is impossible to lick your elbow

34. Ever attend a theme party? what college party wasn't?

35. Ever do a keg stand? nope

36. Craziest place you've slept after a night of drinking? hammock

37. What is your favorite season? spring/summer

39. Pick a movie quote: "did you HEAR that!?" from elf....it makes me smile every time..

41. What is your favorite hangout? currently, the bagel deli makes me feel at home, i love it there

44. Last time you laughed at something stupid? the hills. enough said.

45. What time did you wake up this morning? 8:30, it was glorious

46. Wake up next to anyone? oh please

47. Best thing about winter? CHRISTMAS, bitches!

48. Name a couple of favorite colors: all shades of blue, currently = navy

49. How old are you? 23 (and according to alex, 23 is practically 25 and 25 is old) and my reaction: "I KNOW!". Feeling very old.

50. What month is your birthday in? June. It always rains.

51. Do you think pirates are cool or overrated? overrated.

52. Favorite Dave Matthews Band song (if you have one?) "so right"

53. What are you doing this weekend? working, sleeping. that is all.




.

No comments: