Sunday, November 18, 2007

Dating? What's that?

I can do this. I've dated. At least thats what I'm going to continue to tell myself. But in reality, I have NO IDEA how to do this. No idea at all. What do you talk about? What do you say? How long do you hold their eye contact, and I know I will forget to sit up straight. Throughout college I basically dated one person, and those dates were easy, and quite a bit of time ago. College romance was so not the real world. Fun and exciting, and my "hide your boyfriend after intervisitation" skills were well developed, but not exactly the real dating world. And since, there have been a couple half hearted attempts, none of which I was actually wishing to go anywhere. And those were real people, that I knew. This is not. This is completely blind. And if you know me, you know that I have great intuition and I hate not knowing what's going on, how to read things, or any sort of confusion. And as much fun as it is to analyze, I really don't want to have to. I am an anxious fool and it tends to affect my stomach like no one's business, so as much as I appreciate the 5 pounds or so that I lose during times of sweaty hands and over-talking, I would much rather not have to deal with it. But that could be me just being scared. And I will never learn how to do this if I don't get out there and do it. So here I go. Palpitations and all.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so proud of you!!!! You just have push through the icky factor. :)

Emily said...

OMG! I am totally going through this same sort of experience right now....and to top it all off I have to speak in another language. Ahh! But congrats for you! We'll have to catch up soon!