Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shiny Happy Person

It has been the week of gifts for me. First it was the awesome blessing of finding a place to live with someone I know, in a great neighborhood, with little to no negotiating, and cheap rent. New smells, new people, new parks, new everything. I just want to reach out and grab it all. And you don’t even understand how ecstatic I am to be living within 5 minutes of new seasons. Take a second …thinking about it….yeah its glorious. Second, yesterday, there was the surprise of finding my computer and desk and keyboard completely covered in bright pink post it notes saying “I love you” and “I miss you” and “I have to show you my new hair color” and “you KNOW you’re so fab” from Diana. I completely laughed out loud with excitement when I came back to my desk. Thirdly, I got a wonderfully sweet thank you note from two students (with a starbucks card holla) for helping them put together their research poster for a conference last week. And TODAY, being administrative persons appreciation day, I got a lovely pink/white rose from Lorretta with a note of gratitude, and gratuitous amounts of chocolate throughout the day.

Basically when it comes down to it – My life is so awesome, I have a great job, a great place to live, amazing and unique friends. I am so blessed :)

Ps: and to top if all OFF, I will officially be roommates with Ali Brown for two and half months. I KNOW, RIGHT!?



.

No comments: