Monday, December 10, 2007

A solution is the solution



I. bite. my. nails. REALLY badly. It's ridiculous actually. On top of the fact that I have silly square nails that arent oval and pretty like every other woman in my life, but I have to make it worse by biting them incessantly. I am constantly embarassed when I want to make a nail appointment with my girls. Plus it just looks scrappy. Like I'm still 13 and climbing trees. So recently, since its majorly flu/scold season, I have been using the 'permacare', the hand sanitizer in the patient rooms in the lab, as often as the student nurses. And today, there was a huge AHA moment, and I am extremely appreciative even though it was accompanied by a really really bad taste in my mouth. The permacre, despite being effective, makes your hands smell and TASTE like shit. So my nail biting days are OVER after a really bad moment of realizing the acidy shit that I was putting in my mouth. Pavlov was a genius, and this was all figured out without having to re-read the Berenstain Bears. Wooooo.

2 comments:

AB said...

Oh my, I don't think hand santizer has ever received quite a shout out. Maybe they should hire you to travel the country as their motivational speaker.
I think it would go something like this:
"Hi, my name is Claire and I was addicted to nail biting."
"Hi, Claire!"
"Now I love hand sanitizer."
Or maybe you could just wear a giant sanitizer costume!

Unknown said...

can i just tell you that i read this and started laughing out loud, so much so that alex (across the room) is going "whats so funny???" and then i read it to him and he started laughing too. hahahaha :)